Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default latest kernel packaged for lenny

Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I would like to run a heavy KVM + LXC on Debian *Lenny*.
Therefore, I am looking for the latest kernel for that.

I know I could use backports kernel [1], but would you know another
repository?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-image-2.6-amd64

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

+261 34 56 000 19

Old 10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
desktop

On 2010-10-06 21:59, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> I would like to run a heavy KVM + LXC on Debian *Lenny*.
> Therefore, I am looking for the latest kernel for that.
>
> I know I could use backports kernel [1], but would you know another
> repository?
>
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-image-2.6-amd64
>
> Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

You may want to consider downloading the latest kernel from
www.kernel.org compiling it yourself. Only issue is you may miss out on
some of the benefits of the Debian kernel patches.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

On 2010-10-06 21:59, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I would like to run a heavy KVM + LXC on Debian *Lenny*.
Therefore, I am looking for the latest kernel for that.

I know I could use backports kernel [1], but would you know another
repository?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-image-2.6-amd64

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

You may want to consider downloading the latest kernel from
www.kernel.org compiling it yourself. Only issue is you may miss out on
some of the benefits of the Debian kernel patches.

but what config are you going to use if you do that?

Hugo

Archive: i8i9a5$m0o$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/i8i9a5$m0o$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 10-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Angus Hedger

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:47:53 -0500
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> but what config are you going to use if you do that?
>
> Hugo

There is a 2.6.35.x kernel in experimental, you can grab the .config
from there, just do make oldconfig to update it for anything that isnt
in the base config.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97