Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Michael Banck

Default opensync-0.22 packages for Debian squeeze, testers wanted

Hi,

I finally managed to allocate some free time and started reverting
Debian squeeze to opensync-0.22. This should make Blackberry and
Windows Mobile devices work again.

The current plan (which has not been approved by the Debian release team
yet) is to upload a 0.22 package with some additional patches to
testing-proposed-updates, followed by similar 0.22 packages for the
opensync-plugin-file and opensync-plugin-evolution packages. All the
packages are still in unstable and can be installed from there (or from
squeeze in case they transition).

Unfortunately, the 0.22 version of the syncml plugin does not work with
modern releases of libsyncml, so opensync-plugin-syncml will have to get
dropped for squeeze (unless somebody ports it to libsyncml-0.5.4, I do
not have the time for this).

You can get the reverted packages from this repository:

deb http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/opensync-squeeze/ ./

libopensync0, python-opensync, opensync-plugin-file,
opensync-plugin-evolution

As mentioned above, you need to get all the other 0.22 plugins from
unstable for now.

I am especially interested in tester reports from Blackberry (barry) and
Windows Mobile (synce) users, as I dot not own any such device. Any
other feedback is highly appreciated, in order to make a case to the
release time for this rather late change in release cycle.

Either follow-up to this message (but please CC me), or catch me in
#opensync on irc.freenode.net (my nick is azeem).

Cheers,

Michael

Old 10-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Chris Frey

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 03:44:03PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to allocate some free time and started reverting
> Debian squeeze to opensync-0.22. This should make Blackberry and
> Windows Mobile devices work again.

Huge thanks!

> Unfortunately, the 0.22 version of the syncml plugin does not work with
> modern releases of libsyncml, so opensync-plugin-syncml will have to get
> dropped for squeeze (unless somebody ports it to libsyncml-0.5.4, I do
> not have the time for this).

Which version of libsyncml still works with opensync 0.22?
It would help to know what to compare, for porting purposes.

> I am especially interested in tester reports from Blackberry (barry) and
> Windows Mobile (synce) users, as I dot not own any such device. Any
> other feedback is highly appreciated, in order to make a case to the
> release time for this rather late change in release cycle.

I notice in your people.debian.org repo that there are Barry packages
in there. Are you working with Jose on this?

Again, thanks very much!

- Chris

Old 10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

As far as I see there are not that many people working on syncml, so I would focus on pushing 0.40 into sid, because it will become very soon testing.

For the current testing (squeeze) I would have either 0.22 or nothing.

If it is not working it will be ok to leave it without official debian installers. I could build packages for debian and offer them from unofficial install repo.

I wanted to suggest to include a debian directory in all the related packages, or who and how is this done now?

regards