Old 10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Eero Volotinen

Default cifs share is not mounted during boot

2010/10/5 Γιώργος *άλλας <gpall@ccf.auth.gr>:
> Hello to all!
>
> I have this cif share in my /etc/fstab which is not mounted during boot
> and I can't figure out why:
>
> //myserver/myData/data1 * * * * * * /media/cifs-shares/dat1
> cifs
> defaults,user,auto,noserverino,uid=1000,gid=1000,c redentials=/home/gpall/Documents/samba_credentials.txt
> 0 * * * 3
>
> After boot, giving a "mount -a" as root mounts it without problem. It is
> not a matter of the credential file not being available during boot:
> Even with the credentials supplied in /etc/fstab directly the share is
> not mounted and nothing ever get logged.
>
> I'm running updated debian squeeze and would appreciate some help!

try mount using ip address ? Are you sure that network is available that time?

or add @reboot mount -a on cron crontab ?

--
Eero

Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Klistvud

Dne, 05. 10. 2010 13:27:57 je Γιώργος *άλλας napisal(a):
I have this cif share in my /etc/fstab which is not mounted during
boot

and I can't figure out why:

//myserver/myData/data1 /media/cifs-shares/dat1
cifs
defaults,user,auto,noserverino,uid=1000,gid=1000,c redentials=/home/gpall/Documents/samba_credentials.txt
0 3

After boot, giving a "mount -a" as root mounts it without problem. It
is

not a matter of the credential file not being available during boot:
Even with the credentials supplied in /etc/fstab directly the share is
not mounted and nothing ever get logged.

I'm running updated debian squeeze and would appreciate some help!

I'm experiencing a problem that might be related, but, more than a
"help" post, this is a "me too" post.

I'm on Lenny, using autofs to mount a sshfs drive over my home wireless
LAN. My symptoms are similar to yours: autofs never functions at boot,
since the wireless card connects quite late in the boot process (not
until I log in, actually), so the share is unavailable during boot. One
of the funniest discoveries, for me, was that autofs -- which should be
a daemon handling on-the-fly mounts for you -- won't work if your share
is unavailable at boot (say, server down, or network down, or
whatever). Anyway, another intriguing discovery I made is that
restarting the autofs daemon from a virtual terminal doesn't help
either. To get autofs going, I must restart it from a Gnome terminal
session (with superuser credential, of course).

Reading through the logs, I saw that the ssh server never asks for my
RSA key -- it goes straight for the password. Of course autofs can't
supply one.

All the above symptoms got me thinking that this may be a ssh key
manager (or what's its name) issue -- when I'm logged into my desktop
environment, Gnome apparently provides a key manager which handles the
negotiations with the remote ssh server; during boot, on the other
hand, there is no such key manager running, and consequently, autofs is
asked for the password and gracefully bails out.

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com

Please reply to the list, not to me.