Old 10-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Volkan YAZICI

Default squeeze /etc/kbd/remap replace caps with ctrl

Hi,

In Squeeze, despite I removed the comment prefix of

s/keycode 58 = Caps_Lock/keycode 58 = Control/;

line, neither "/etc/init.d/kbd restart", nor "restart" makes any
difference in the caps lock key. Am I missing something or the
configuration is broken and not working?

Regards.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Bob Proulx

Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> In Squeeze, despite I removed the comment prefix of
>
> s/keycode 58 = Caps_Lock/keycode 58 = Control/;
>
> line, neither "/etc/init.d/kbd restart", nor "restart" makes any
> difference in the caps lock key. Am I missing something or the
> configuration is broken and not working?

Works for me. Please show us exactly what you have tried.

In the above it looks like you spelled control wrong as "Control/".
That slash shouldn't be there. It is spelled "Control".

Bob