Old 10-03-2010, 04:56 PM
AG

Default LibreOffice repositories

Hey list

As many here are probably already aware, due to Oracle buying out Sun,
the OOo developer community has forked the project as a pre-emptive
protection against Oracle doing the same thing to OOo as they did to
OpenSolaris.

As LibO is still in beta mode, one either installs *.debs from the site
or aliens the *.rpm files. However, having downloaded and dpkg -i the
*.deb files there do seem to be some minor differences between my user
experience and that of those who aliened the *.rpm files.

My question is: any idea how long it might take for the LibO files to
find their way into the testing, etc. repositories and will the OOo
repositories be deprecated?

Any insight into this?

AG