Old 10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
"s. keeling"

Default A simple GUI volume control tool for fluxbox

Nuno Magalh„es <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt>:

> If you just want volume control, i use gkrellm's volume plugin. Does

That's excellent! Thanks!

Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Rob Owens wrote:

On 2010-10-01, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
I do almost everything on command line. Maybe the only GUI tool I
need is the sound volume control tool, but I don't have it any more
-- I used to use tkmixer. Now that it's obsoleted, I'm yet to find a
GUI sound mixer plain and simple enough for me.

You don't even need a GUI tool: a console application like alsamixer
(from the alsa-utils package) will do the job.

That's true but what gets me with alsamixer is remembering the keys for
left and right up and down.

<open the diary> <search for the page with the keys>
QWE = up
ZXC = down.
I don't have to remember with a GUI like with gnome. What's their volume
control?

Gnome's is gnome-volume-control, which is in the gnome-media package.

There's also gnome-alsamixer and alsamixergui to consider.

That's it.
Thanks.

Hugo

Archive: i8a428$551$2@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/i8a428$551$2@dough.gmane.org

Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
T o n g

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:45:22 +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:

> > I do almost everything on command line. Maybe the only GUI tool I
> > need is the sound volume control tool, but I don't have it any more
> > -- I used to use tkmixer. Now that it's obsoleted, I'm yet to find
> > a GUI sound mixer plain and simple enough for me.
> >
> Take a look at volumeicon here :
>
> http://www.softwarebakery.com/maato/volumeicon.html

BINGO!!!

FYI,

" . . . volumeicon is the only one that suits my OP . . . "

Thanks a lot.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/