-   -   How could I directly print to PDF? I can only print to ps, directly (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/432982-how-could-i-directly-print-pdf-i-can-only-print-ps-directly.html)

Merciadri Luca 09-28-2010 08:34 PM

How could I directly print to PDF? I can only print to ps, directly

Hi,

Using lp and printing to my virtual postscript printer, I can get a PS
document. Thanks to ps2pdf, I can then get a PDF one. But I would like
to directly use a virtual PDF printer. Are there such possibilities
under free conditions?

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not
only plan but also believe. (Anatole France)

Camaleón 09-28-2010 09:04 PM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:34:15 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Using lp and printing to my virtual postscript printer, I can get a PS
> document. Thanks to ps2pdf, I can then get a PDF one. But I would like
> to directly use a virtual PDF printer. Are there such possibilities
> under free conditions?

Yep.

Install "cups-pdf" package which will create a virtual PDF printer. Then
send the "lp" output to that printer, "et voilà" (not tested but wild-
guessed :-P).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Merciadri Luca 09-29-2010 06:14 AM

How could I directly print to PDF? I can only print to ps, directly