-   -   allow_cancellation in /etc/e2fsck.conf doesn't work (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/432675-allow_cancellation-etc-e2fsck-conf-doesnt-work.html)

Sven Joachim 09-28-2010 07:29 AM

On 2010-09-28 09:14 +0200, Alexander Batischev wrote:

> Today when filesystem check started I decided to try the feature I enabled once
> ago - I hit Ctrl-C expecting to terminate the check for this time. Yeah, it
> terminated, but filesystem seem to be remounted to read only (through there was
> no messages saying that), because when init scripts proceed, I've got a lot of
> "can't write pid" messages, so system didn't boot at all.

Looks like you've hit http://bugs.debian.org/595431, which is a pretty
nasty one indeed. Set CONCURRENCY=none in /etc/default/rcS if you want
to interrupt filesystem checks.

Sven

Alexander Batischev 09-28-2010 04:29 PM

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 09:29:02AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2010-09-28 09:14 +0200, Alexander Batischev wrote:
>
> > Today when filesystem check started I decided to try the feature I enabled once
> > ago - I hit Ctrl-C expecting to terminate the check for this time. Yeah, it
> > terminated, but filesystem seem to be remounted to read only (through there was
> > no messages saying that), because when init scripts proceed, I've got a lot of
> > "can't write pid" messages, so system didn't boot at all.
>
> Looks like you've hit http://bugs.debian.org/595431, which is a pretty
> nasty one indeed. Set CONCURRENCY=none in /etc/default/rcS if you want
> to interrupt filesystem checks.

Thanks for a hint, but that doesn't work = Are there any other suggestions?

Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35 4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81