-   -   lenny & blue ray (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/432659-lenny-blue-ray.html)

09-28-2010 06:52 AM

lenny & blue ray

Hi every one,

I am looking to buy a Blue Ray writer, but I don't see any software on debian Lenny to burn such a media.

I think that it probably exists, so, can please someone help me ?

Thanks, best regards,

Amel

Mark Allums 09-28-2010 08:05 AM

lenny & blue ray

On 9/28/2010 1:52 AM, a.kapetanovic@hispeed.ch wrote:

I am looking to buy a Blue Ray writer, but I don't see any software on debian Lenny to burn such a media.

I think that it probably exists, so, can please someone help me ?

I think Nero has a Linux Player. I don't know if it support Blu-Ray,
but it's worth a Google.

Archive: 4CA1A1BE.3060507@allums.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA1A1BE.3060507@allums.com

dulev 09-28-2010 09:35 AM

lenny & blue ray

> On 9/28/2010 1:52 AM, a.kapetanovic@hispeed.ch wrote:
> > I am looking to buy a Blue Ray writer, but I don't see any software
> > on debian Lenny to burn such a media.
> >
> > I think that it probably exists, so, can please someone help me ?
>

> I think Nero has a Linux Player. I don't know if it support Blu-Ray,
> but it's worth a Google.

growisofs from dvd+rw-tools package work just fine.

Mark Allums 09-28-2010 01:09 PM

lenny & blue ray

On 9/28/2010 4:35 AM, dulev wrote:

On 9/28/2010 1:52 AM, a.kapetanovic@hispeed.ch wrote:

I am looking to buy a Blue Ray writer, but I don't see any software
on debian Lenny to burn such a media.

I think that it probably exists, so, can please someone help me ?

I think Nero has a Linux Player. I don't know if it support Blu-Ray,
but it's worth a Google.

growisofs from dvd+rw-tools package work just fine.

Oh. *Burn* Blu-Ray. I was thinking play commercial discs. Yes, a BD-R
or BD-RE can be burned with some of the standard tools. No non-free
stuff required.

Archive: 4CA1E914.1070005@allums.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA1E914.1070005@allums.com

Mark Allums 09-28-2010 01:11 PM

lenny & blue ray

---- Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> a écrit :

On 9/28/2010 1:52 AM, a.kapetanovic@hispeed.ch wrote:
> I am looking to buy a Blue Ray writer, but I don't see any software on debian Lenny to burn such a media.
>
> I think that it probably exists, so, can please someone help me ?

I think Nero has a Linux Player. I don't know if it support Blu-Ray,
but it's worth a Google.

I saw that K3b - in its last version - can write blue ray's.
Isn't it possible to install this version on lenny ? I don't see
anything by my search in backports...

Archive: 4CA1E98C.8010502@allums.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA1E98C.8010502@allums.com

GeraldCC 09-29-2010 07:24 AM

lenny & blue ray

On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 04:52:36 pm a.kapetanovic@hispeed.ch wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> I am looking to buy a Blue Ray writer, but I don't see any software on
> debian Lenny to burn such a media.
>
> I think that it probably exists, so, can please someone help me ?
>
> Thanks, best regards,
>
> Amel
K3b is supposed to support Blueray burning.
Gerald