Old 09-28-2010, 01:25 AM
T o n g

Default ^C show up on bash command line

Hi,

Now,when pressing ^C to abolish changes to bash command, the actual ^C
will show up where the cursor is. IIRC, previously it wasn't like this --
editing aborted with actual command intact, without being messed up with
^C.

Is it possible to get back the old bash ^C behaviour?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2010-09-28 03:25 +0200, T o n g wrote:

> Now,when pressing ^C to abolish changes to bash command, the actual ^C
> will show up where the cursor is. IIRC, previously it wasn't like this --
> editing aborted with actual command intact, without being messed up with
> ^C.

This looked like a bug to me, but it was actually added deliberately.

> Is it possible to get back the old bash ^C behaviour?

$ echo 'set echo-control-characters off' >> ~/.inputrc

See the following thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2010-02/threads.html#00115

Sven

Old 09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
T o n g

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:36:24 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:

>> Is it possible to get back the old bash ^C behaviour?
>
> $ echo 'set echo-control-characters off' >> ~/.inputrc

THANKS A LOT for the solution and the link!