Old 09-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Thierry Chatelet

Default OT root can't sudo

I dont use sudo, but can you explain me,so I will go to bed with more
knowledge, why root would need sudo?
Thierry

Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Kelly Clowers

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 17:58, Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:
> I dont use sudo, but can you explain me,so I will go to bed with more
> knowledge, why root would need sudo?
> Thierry

I have used sudo as root - but with a username as an argument. Without
a username, it defaults to root, and I can't figure out why you would want that.

Cheers,

Kelly Clowers

Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 AM
T o n g

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 02:58:05 +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

> I dont use sudo, but can you explain me,so I will go to bed with more
> knowledge, why root would need sudo?

invoking my scripts embedded with sudo as root

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Kousik Maiti

sudo means what super user can do, you can also do provided you have given permission in /etc/sudoers file.
By default in certain system sudoers file is read only.If you want to change *that file make it*writeable,modify and then again make it read only.**

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/201009280258.05822.tchatelet@free.fr

--
Wishing you the very best of everything, always!!!
Kousik Maiti(কৌশিক মাইতি)

Old 09-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Tom H

> I dont use sudo, but can you explain me,so I will go to bed with more
> knowledge, why root would need sudo?

It doesn't make any sense to use sudo as root without an "-u user"
(and therefore to sudo to root as root) but it should work.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
"Alois Mahdal"

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 03:26:42 +0200, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com>