Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM

Default configuring CUPS and LPD.

Folk,

Printing works well in Squeeze and I can use hints about two details.

* When a text file is printed in Leafpad, the file name appears
at the top of the page. Can this be suppressed? I haven't found
a switch in the Leafpad menus.

* When a client system submits a LPR request, it produces no print
output and this in the client System.Log.
LPR: HPDeskJet500@172.23.5.1 connecting failed, res = 1
There is nothing in /var/log/lpr.log nor in /var/log/syslog.
My best guess is that CUPS or LPD isn't configured to accept
the print request. Is this plausible? How can I verify that
the server recieves the print request?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132. 7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old