Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM
roberto

Default vbox .vdi file

hello, i'd like to create a virtual machine using vbox in my lenny
laptop but unfortunately i do not hold enough space on the disk;
i wonder if it is possible to create the ".vdi" file for the VM on an
external pendrive though

thank you in advance

--
roberto

Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:05:35 +0200, roberto wrote:

> hello, i'd like to create a virtual machine using vbox in my lenny
> laptop but unfortunately i do not hold enough space on the disk; i
> wonder if it is possible to create the ".vdi" file for the VM on an
> external pendrive though

Yes, but...

- It would be so slow, I'd guess
- You would shorten the flash memory life span very quickly :-(

Better use a USB external disk.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón