Old 09-27-2010, 01:41 PM
"Paulo Diovani"

Default problem to install DEBIAN on an new notebook Satellite L505

Olá Herbert...

If the disc boots, but after that no CD-ROM is detected, it may be due to some faulting kernel module (for a SATA Disc Drive, I imagine).
For that, I recommend you to get a newer version of Debian or Ubuntu (you can take a Debian Squeeze installation disc, even before the release). This may also helps you with newer harware that Lanny 2.6.26 kernel may not dettect, forcing you to install a backported or snapshot kernel later.

If even with the newest version the installer fails to detect the Disc drive. Try initializing it with the "noapic" and "acpi=off" options at the boot line (you may need to enter those manually in the installer boot line).

__
Paulo Diovani Gonçalves
http://diovani.com