FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Mark Allums
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? It seems to be down and has
been for a few days. Has Oracle finally given it the axe?



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4CA025E3.4050604@allums.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA025E3.4050604@allums.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Magicloud Magiclouds
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:
> What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? *It seems to be down and has been
> for a few days. *Has Oracle finally given it the axe?
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject
> of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4CA025E3.4050604@allums.com
>
>

I hope not. What a disaster if so.

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTikgV2Qkn-MOZn5cOcyJ07Z95UfPpTuuuBFFVymi@mail.gmail.com">htt p://lists.debian.org/AANLkTikgV2Qkn-MOZn5cOcyJ07Z95UfPpTuuuBFFVymi@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Tom H
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:
>
> What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? It seems to be down and has been
> for a few days. Has Oracle finally given it the axe?

http://dlc.sun.com/virtualbox/vboxdownload.html


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTinvYB1Wu+x+2WmVVe=jhK-TooJARGe7gBGEx6PM@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTinvYB1Wu+x+2WmVVe=jhK-TooJARGe7gBGEx6PM@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Magicloud Magiclouds
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Magicloud Magiclouds
<magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:
>> What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? *It seems to be down and has been
>> for a few days. *Has Oracle finally given it the axe?
>>
>>
>> --
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject
>> of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4CA025E3.4050604@allums.com
>>
>>
>
> I hope not. What a disaster if so.
>
> --
> 竹密岂妨流水过
> 山高哪阻野云飞
>

Information from vbox-users list, the hardware was broken.

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTi�0XBnCfa46mi6Z8ygzLHYYBhX5LFemXSHo3Z@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Scott Ferguson
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On 27/09/10 15:04, Mark Allums wrote:
> What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? It seems to be down and has
> been for a few days. Has Oracle finally given it the axe?
>
>
Hi Mark,
I noticed the same thing this morning when building a machine
and wanting the repository and key info. So I googled the downloads page
and hit the cache link. Got the info I needed.
Apt-get was working ok this morning at 1am (+10gmt).

Cheers


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4CA03943.60500@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA03943.60500@gmail.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Victor Padro
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Scott Ferguson
<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/09/10 15:04, Mark Allums wrote:
>> What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? *It seems to be down and has
>> been for a few days. *Has Oracle finally given it the axe?
>>
>>
> Hi Mark,
> * * * *I noticed the same thing this morning when building a machine
> and wanting the repository and key info. So I googled the downloads page
> and hit the cache link. Got the info I needed.
> Apt-get was working ok this morning at 1am (+10gmt).
>
> Cheers
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4CA03943.60500@gmail.com
>
>

http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/virtualization/oraclevm/061976.html

--
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTim-t6uTZ5fsghOOOwtZg1y2-aecwY6cVUBXq-DU@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTim-t6uTZ5fsghOOOwtZg1y2-aecwY6cVUBXq-DU@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Scott Ferguson
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On 27/09/10 15:04, Mark Allums wrote:
> What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? It seems to be down and has
> been for a few days. Has Oracle finally given it the axe?
>
>
The following still works
# wget -q
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- |
apt-key add -

This is my repository entry
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lenny non-free

Cheers


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4CA03A25.1020703@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA03A25.1020703@gmail.com
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Mark Allums
 
Default OT What's going on with virtualbox.org?

On 9/27/2010 1:31 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

On 27/09/10 15:04, Mark Allums wrote:

What's going on with www.virtualbox.org? It seems to be down and has
been for a few days. Has Oracle finally given it the axe?



The following still works
# wget -q
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- |
apt-key add -

This is my repository entry
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lenny non-free

Cheers



It's back. I'm surprised a site so many people visit wasn't redundant,
but the same file downloads can be gotten through Oracle's own site, so
I guess it's not a priority. If I had to guess, I would say that they
just waited over the weekend 'til the guy who maintains it got back to work.


The rule is Don't Panic. I will try to remember that.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4CA0B3CE.1090604@allums.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CA0B3CE.1090604@allums.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org