Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Camaleón

Default Scanning through virtualbox (was: hp deskjet 2050 scanner not working)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:22:17 +0200, Jozsef Vadkan wrote:

> On 25 September 2010 19:30, Camaleón wrote:

>>> so i have to install a windows xp in virtualbox? my god.. :P
>>
>> At least at this right moment, I'd say yes :-(
>>
>> But as per the above links (the first one), it's like HPLIP could be
>> adding scanner capabilty in a future release :-)

> the problem is that i installed a windows xp on virtualbox, and it
> recognizes [devmgmt.msc] the 2050...but it doesn't scan omg..

Disclaimer: This is not a windows mailing list and some people may become
angry for seeing replyings to these kind of posts. So, I'll give you some
advice here but if you are still facing problems, contact me by e-mail,
directly.

First, have you installed the full software suite?

Second, have you followed the installation step instructions?

And third, have you tried to adquire an image from the scanner by using
TWAIN interface? (this can be done from any software program capable of
handling TWAIN imports).

THT.

Greetings,

--