Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Camaleón

Default perforated letters (not only in) iceweasel

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:16:22 +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:

> since several months I observe a strange problem mostly in iceweasel
> (from current Debian testing), but also occasionally in other
> applications: quite often one or a few characters on a web page lack
> some parts of them (for example, there is a horizontal
> background-colored line in the lower part of an "h"). The error affects
> only some characters of some fonts of a certain size. All identical
> characters of same font and size are always affected equally. A cropped
> screen shot which illustrates the problem is attached to this message.

(...)

Mmm, could it be related to this bug? :-?

xserver-xorg-video-intel: partial display corruption / mostly text / Mobile 945GM

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Christoph Groth

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:16:22 +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:
>
>> since several months I observe a strange problem mostly in iceweasel
>> (from current Debian testing), but also occasionally in other
>> applications: quite often one or a few characters on a web page lack
>> some parts of them (for example, there is a horizontal
>> background-colored line in the lower part of an "h"). The error affects
>> only some characters of some fonts of a certain size. All identical
>> characters of same font and size are always affected equally. A cropped
>> screen shot which illustrates the problem is attached to this message.
>
> (...)
>
> Mmm, could it be related to this bug? :-?
>
> xserver-xorg-video-intel: partial display corruption / mostly text / Mobile 945GM

At least the second part of my problem (not the perforated letters) looks
very similar. I would not be surprised if the perforated letters had
the same cause.

Thank you for finding this bug report. It was not yet there last time I
checked...

Christoph

Old 10-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Celejar

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:17:02 +0200
Christoph Groth <cwg@falma.de> wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:16:22 +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:
> >
> >> since several months I observe a strange problem mostly in iceweasel
> >> (from current Debian testing), but also occasionally in other
> >> applications: quite often one or a few characters on a web page lack
> >> some parts of them (for example, there is a horizontal
> >> background-colored line in the lower part of an "h"). The error affects
> >> only some characters of some fonts of a certain size. All identical
> >> characters of same font and size are always affected equally. A cropped
> >> screen shot which illustrates the problem is attached to this message.
> >
> > (...)
> >
> > Mmm, could it be related to this bug? :-?
> >
> > xserver-xorg-video-intel: partial display corruption / mostly text / Mobile 945GM
>
> At least the second part of my problem (not the perforated letters) looks
> very similar. I would not be surprised if the perforated letters had
> the same cause.
>
> Thank you for finding this bug report. It was not yet there last time I
> checked...

FWIW, I'm getting the perforated letters too, in IW but also in other
applications (XFCE terminal). I have an Intel 945GM, too. I have not
noticed the problem from the bugreport, though.

Celejar