Old 09-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Camaleón

Default (OT) mschap-v2 de Linux a Windows

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:47:01 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 24/09/10 06:38, cosme wrote:
>> mschap-v2 de Linux a Windows
>>
>> Tengo un PC con Debian Lenny y necesito conectarme por modem a mi ISP
>> que usa Windows 2003 Server.

(...)

> Tenga en cuenta - en caso de que no se dio cuenta, mi español es muy
> malo.

I didn't notice anything 8-)

Scott, I tried many times to contact this user directly to his e-mail but
I did not get a reply so I finally left ;-(

Anyway, he also sends the same message to the Spanish list, so don't
worry about that, people in there answer his questions.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 24/09/10 20:12, Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:47:01 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 24/09/10 06:38, cosme wrote:
>>> mschap-v2 de Linux a Windows
>>>
>>> Tengo un PC con Debian Lenny y necesito conectarme por modem a mi ISP
>>> que usa Windows 2003 Server.
>
> (...)
>
>> Tenga en cuenta - en caso de que no se dio cuenta, mi español es muy
>> malo.
>
> I didn't notice anything 8-)
>
> Scott, I tried many times to contact this user directly to his e-mail but
> I did not get a reply so I finally left ;-(
>
> Anyway, he also sends the same message to the Spanish list, so don't
> worry about that, people in there answer his questions.
>
> Greetings,

Thank you Camaleón,
it's very hard for me to read/write his messages -
it's not a language I'm fluent in.
I'm fairly certain his ISP is ETECSA (is there another Cuban ISP?) -
absolutely no clues as to how he connects (UMTS/dialup/ISDN/ADSL etc.) -
no idea where he got the idea he needs mschap -v2 - which I've never
worked with - suspect it default requires ISP to authenticate itself....

You'd think he'd try user support first - especially seeing as how
ETECSA is the only ISP I've heard of that does free home visits for support.

I'd have hoped/expected that Cuba would mandate Linux - not bloody send
all their money to NA! Some revolution :-/

Cheers

Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Anyway, he also sends the same message to the Spanish list, so don't
worry about that, people in there answer his questions.

I wonder if he reads the answers there, because he seems not to read the
ones in this list.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

Archive: 4C9E6B97.70102@kalinowski.com.br">http://lists.debian.org/4C9E6B97.70102@kalinowski.com.br

Old 09-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:37:27 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On 09/24/2010 07:12 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> Anyway, he also sends the same message to the Spanish list, so don't
>> worry about that, people in there answer his questions.
>
> I wonder if he reads the answers there, because he seems not to read the
> ones in this list.

My guess is that he doesn't (and I also doubt he reads the Spanish list
replies neither) :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón