Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Chen Stormstout

Default Problems Installing Pacemaker and Heartbeat in Lenny

Hi,

There is any problem with cluster stack in debian lenny?
I'm trying to install but receive the errors above. I've posted this issue in pacemaker list too, but with no answers.

This is my entire sources.list:

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.5 _Lenny_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20100626-17:50]/ lenny contrib main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.5 _Lenny_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20100626-17:50]/ lenny contrib main

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib
deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib

# For the cluster
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports lenny-backports main contrib non-free
#deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free

I've tried to use backports.debian.org and www.backports.org/debian, both with the same error message:

aptitude -t lenny-backports install heartbeat pacemaker

But still have the same error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
cluster-glue pacemaker
cluster-agents{a} heartbeat libcluster-glue{a} libcorosync4{a}
libheartbeat2{a} libnet1{a} libopenipmi0{a} libtimedate-perl{a}
0 packages upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 94 not upgraded.
Need to get 2277kB/2928kB of archives. After unpacking 9523kB will be used.
pacemaker: Depends: libesmtp5 (>= 0.8.8) which is a virtual package.
cluster-glue: Depends: libopenhpi2 which is a virtual package.

Keep the following packages at their current version:
cluster-agents [Not Installed]
cluster-glue [Not Installed]
heartbeat [Not Installed]
pacemaker [Not Installed]

Score is -19794

The same for corosync:

aptitude install -t lenny-backports pacemaker corosync
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
cluster-glue pacemaker
cluster-agents{a} corosync libcluster-glue{a} libcorosync4{a}
libheartbeat2{a} libnet1{a} libopenipmi0{a} libtimedate-perl{a}
0 packages upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 94 not upgraded.
Need to get 2235kB/2886kB of archives. After unpacking 9351kB will be used.
pacemaker: Depends: libesmtp5 (>= 0.8.8) which is a virtual package.
cluster-glue: Depends: libopenhpi2 which is a virtual package.

Keep the following packages at their current version:
cluster-agents [Not Installed]
cluster-glue [Not Installed]
pacemaker [Not Installed]

Score is -9863

There is a problem with the packages or i'm doing something wrong?

Forgive my bad english.

Thank You.

Chen.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 14:30, Chen Stormstout <chenstorm94@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> The following packages are BROKEN:
> *cluster-glue pacemaker
> *cluster-agents{a} corosync libcluster-glue{a} libcorosync4{a}
> *libheartbeat2{a} libnet1{a} libopenipmi0{a} libtimedate-perl{a}
> 0 packages upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 94 not upgraded.
> Need to get 2235kB/2886kB of archives. After unpacking 9351kB will be used.
> *pacemaker: Depends: libesmtp5 (>= 0.8.8) which is a virtual package.
> *cluster-glue: Depends: libopenhpi2 which is a virtual package.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
> Keep the following packages at their current version:
> cluster-agents [Not Installed]
> cluster-glue [Not Installed]
> pacemaker [Not Installed]
>
> Score is -9863
>

> There is a problem with the packages or i'm doing something wrong?

Before you do this, can you run "aptitude safe-upgrade", which should
be safe given that you are running Lenny. After that, if there are
still packages that are not upgraded, run "aptitude full-upgrade", and
proceed while ensuring that you don't get stuff you care about getting
deleted.

After all this, then you can try installing the 3: heartbeat,
pacemaker, and corosync. If you still get the same, when aptitude asks
if you happy with its Suggestions, say no. It will continue offering
Suggestions until you either say Yes, quit, or until it doesn't know
how to resolve the situation. Read what it displays well. It is simple
to understand.

--
blog: http://tshepang.tumblr.com

Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Chen Stormstout

Thanks for the tip, but didn't work.
I've already done the upgrade before try to install.
These are the results of your sugestion:

#aptitude safe-upgrade

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done

# aptitude full-upgrade
[...]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

*** No more solutions available ***

Keep the following packages at their current version:
cluster-agents [Not Installed]
cluster-glue [Not Installed]
heartbeat [Not Installed]
pacemaker [Not Installed]

Score is -19794

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

*** No more solutions available ***

Any other suggestion?

thaks.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 18:01, Chen Stormstout <chenstorm94@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> *libheartbeat2{a} libnet1{a} libopenipmi0{a} libtimedate-perl{a}
> 0 packages upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 94 not upgraded.
> Need to get 2277kB/2928kB of archives. After unpacking 9523kB will be used.
> *pacemaker: Depends: libesmtp5 (>= 0.8.8) which is a virtual package.
> *cluster-glue: Depends: libopenhpi2 which is a virtual package.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
> Keep the following packages at their current version:
> cluster-agents [Not Installed]
> cluster-glue [Not Installed]
> heartbeat [Not Installed]
> pacemaker [Not Installed]
>
> Score is -19794
>
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n
>
> *** No more solutions available ***
>
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
> Keep the following packages at their current version:

Please file bug reports with severity 'grave' on cluster-glue and
pacemaker. That way, they are more likely to receive attention. Ensure
you got reportbug installed, and do:

$ reportbug pacemaker
$ reportbug cluster-glue

--