Old 09-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Default how to display duplicates between 2 repos

Hi,

I got 2 repos locally. One is a copy of Squeeze and another is one
managed by repoupdate (and has stuff not available in Debian official
repos, but also has stuff from Sid). Are there ready-made tools that
would generate a list of duplicate packages between the two? I plan to
use this list to reduce disc usage by removing them from the
repoupdate-managed repo.

--
blog: http://tshepang.tumblr.com

Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:10:21 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

> I got 2 repos locally. One is a copy of Squeeze and another is one
> managed by repoupdate (and has stuff not available in Debian official
> repos, but also has stuff from Sid). Are there ready-made tools that
> would generate a list of duplicate packages between the two? I plan to
> use this list to reduce disc usage by removing them from the
> repoupdate-managed repo.

Not sure if there is already a specific tool for Debian repos but
"fdupes" could help (it's a generic tool to find duplicate files).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 21:04, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:10:21 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>
>> I got 2 repos locally. One is a copy of Squeeze and another is one
>> managed by repoupdate (and has stuff not available in Debian official
>> repos, but also has stuff from Sid). Are there ready-made tools that
>> would generate a list of duplicate packages between the two? I plan to
>> use this list to reduce disc usage by removing them from the
>> repoupdate-managed repo.
>
> Not sure if there is already a specific tool for Debian repos but
> "fdupes" could help (it's a generic tool to find duplicate files).

Thanks for that. I also got the same reply elsewhere:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/2377/how-to-display-duplicates-between-2-repos

--
blog: http://tshepang.tumblr.com