Old 09-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Clemens Eisserer

Default Where to find sarge (3.1) packages?

Hi,

Any idea where I could still find packages for debian sarge for manual
download?

I have a quite old and very broken sarge installation running on a
Pentium-90 machine.
I would like to install dhcp3-server by hand, because apt-get's
database destroyed itself some years ago
The machine simply acts as a fail-save router for our current server -
I don't have the time to re-setup that old machine - nor is it
connected to the internet, so no security risks.

Thank you in advance, Clemens

Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Sven Joachim

http://archive.debian.net/

> I have a quite old and very broken sarge installation running on a
> Pentium-90 machine.
> I would like to install dhcp3-server by hand, because apt-get's
> database destroyed itself some years ago

You need to download dhcp3-common as well, if it's not installed yet.

Sven

Old 09-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:53:06 +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Any idea where I could still find packages for debian sarge for manual
> download?

Using the Snapshot server? :-?

> I have a quite old and very broken sarge installation running on a
> Pentium-90 machine.
> I would like to install dhcp3-server by hand, because apt-get's database
> destroyed itself some years ago The machine simply acts as a
> fail-save router for our current server - I don't have the time to
> re-setup that old machine - nor is it connected to the internet, so no
> security risks.

Check if this helps:

http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/dhcp3-server/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Clemens Eisserer

Hi Sven,

>> Any idea where I could still find packages for debian sarge for manual
>> download?
>
> http://archive.debian.net/
> You need to download dhcp3-common as well, if it's not installed yet.

Thanks a lot, you saved my day. The P90 is now happily sending out
DHCPOFFER packages

Thanks again, Clemens