Old 10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Chris Davies

Default Exim4 setup for LAMP web site.

Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
> I got that a valid DNS name isn't present. What do I do about it. Does
> this mean that I need to submit something to my ISP [...]

Two options

1. Assign your box a DNS name (or ask your ISP to do this) and then ask
your ISP to add rDNS for the (forward) DNS name you have
assigned. Configure exim to use said DNS name when sending.

2. Ask your ISP what credentials you need in order to use Authenticated
SMTP for sending email. Configure exim to use those credentials when
sending.

Chris