Old 09-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Aniruddha

Default Problem browsing samba shares in Squeeze

I've recently installed Debian Squeeze and copied my old working
smb.conf over. I can add my samba share directly (using
Desktop-2share) , I can't browse for the share or find it in my
Network Places. Any ideas what might be wrong?

# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = Linux
netbios name = Desktop
security = share
log level = 3

[share]
path = /share
read only = No
guest only = Yes

# smbclient -L Desktop-2

Domain=[LINUX] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.8]

Sharename Type Comment
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (Samba 3.4.8)
share Disk
Domain=[LINUX] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.8]

Server Comment
DESKTOP Samba 3.4.8

Workgroup Master
LINUX