-   -   Release File Expired on: csclub.uwaterloo.ca (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/430298-release-file-expired-csclub-uwaterloo-ca.html)

Mike Viau 09-22-2010 11:38 AM

Release File Expired on: csclub.uwaterloo.ca

Hello,

I am not really sure to whom I should inform, but it is my understanding that mirror.csclub.waterloo.ca is (or at least was) an official Debian mirror in Canada.

I am in no way affiliated with the Waterloo university or aware of a contact for the mirror.

It appears as if their apt-repo has expired in some way?

After changing my sources to point to http.us.debian.org, the error went away immediately.

I thought I should mention it hear, as I am hoping at least one of the more enlighten Debian user might know whats going on, or what can be done to get the mirror back up!

Thanks

-M

Stephen Powell 09-22-2010 01:34 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:38:42 -0400 (EDT), Mike Viau wrote:

> I am not really sure to whom I should inform, but it is my understanding
> that mirror.csclub.waterloo.ca is (or at least was) an official
> Debian mirror in Canada. I am in no way affiliated with the Waterloo
> university or aware of a contact for the mirror.
>
> It appears as if their apt-repo has expired in some way?
>
> After changing my sources to point to http.us.debian.org, the error went
> away immediately. I thought I should mention it hear, as I am hoping at
> least one of the more enlighten Debian user might know whats going on,
> or what can be done to get the mirror back up!

The official list of all public Debian mirrors is published here:

http://www.debian.org/mirrors/list

If the mirror is listed here, which it does not appear to be, then you
should report problems with official public Debian mirrors on the
debian-mirrors mailing list. If the mirror is not listed, then choose
another one that is. It appears that the correct domain name is

mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca

(Note the "u" in front of "waterloo", which is missing in your original
post.) I'm not sure if you made a typo when posting or if you left off
the u when actually trying to access the archive.

--
.'`. Stephen Powell
: :' :

Paul Gallaway 09-24-2010 03:49 PM

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Mike Viau <viaum@sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not really sure to whom I should inform, but it is my understanding that mirror.csclub.waterloo.ca is (or at least was) an official Debian mirror in Canada.
>
> I am in no way affiliated with the Waterloo university or aware of a contact for the mirror.
>
> It appears as if their apt-repo has expired in some way?
>
> After changing my sources to point to http.us.debian.org, the error went away immediately.
>
> I thought I should mention it hear, as I am hoping at least one of the more enlighten Debian user might know whats going on, or what can be done to get the mirror back up!
>

> Thanks
I emailed the KWLUG (Kitchener-Waterloo LUG) and some of the U.
Waterloo CS Club members are also members of the KWLUG. Anyway, here's
what Kyle had to say about it:

"Last week there was a power outage which forced us to shut off the
mirror. We shutdown cleanly, but for some reason there was an error
with the RAID array, so it has been rebuilding for the last few days.
You can check the progress on http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/.

We are still an official mirror, we are just experiencing some very
unfortunate downtime. :(

http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/ "

At the time of this writing the array rebuild is at 95%.
--
~pAul.

* * * * all good things. all in good time.

Mike Viau 09-24-2010 10:28 PM

Release File Expired on: csclub.uwaterloo.ca

> On Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:49:36 -0400 <pgallaway@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I emailed the KWLUG (Kitchener-Waterloo LUG) and some of the U.
> Waterloo CS Club members are also members of the KWLUG. Anyway, here's
> what Kyle had to say about it:
>
> "Last week there was a power outage which forced us to shut off the
> mirror. We shutdown cleanly, but for some reason there was an error
> with the RAID array, so it has been rebuilding for the last few days.
> You can check the progress on http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/.
>
> We are still an official mirror, we are just experiencing some very
> unfortunate downtime. :(
>
> http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/ "
>
> At the time of this writing the array rebuild is at 95%.
> --

This is good info!

I look forward to restoring my sources back to this very fast Canadian mirror (at least for where I am located).

Thanks.

-M