Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Rob Owens

Default gdm3 exclude certain usernames

I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure gdm3. I want to
exclude certain usernames from the login screen.

/usr/share/gdm/gdm.schemas has a "greeter/Exclude" section, but is that
really where I should add my usernames to? I was expecting something in
/etc. Maybe it goes in /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf, but I'm not sure of the
syntax.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Rob

Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Scott Ferguson

On 22/09/10 00:10, Rob Owens wrote:
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure gdm3. I want to
> exclude certain usernames from the login screen.
>
> /usr/share/gdm/gdm.schemas has a "greeter/Exclude" section, but is that
> really where I should add my usernames to? I was expecting something in
> /etc. Maybe it goes in /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf, but I'm not sure of the
> syntax.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -Rob

Disclaimer - I know nothing of gnome, but no one else has answered...

I suspect you want the front-end (greeter) not the daemon but - see
disclaimer :-)

schema is "possibly" similar to 2.2, see:-
http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration

Cheers

--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*