Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
"S.Ali zahiri"

Default Problem with ODBC Driver

Hi everybody,

I am trying to configure iODBC on Debian Lenny. When i try to test the
configuration with iodbctest the following message is printed:

SQLDriverConnect = [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the
driver name; could not lookup setup library. DSN=((null)) SQLSTATE=HY000

ODBC_Connect = [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the driver
name; could not lookup setup library. DSN=((null)) SQLSTATE=HY000

The content of /etc/odbc.ini

;
; odbc.ini configuration for MyODBC and MyODBC 3.51 Drivers

;

[ODBC Data Sources]

myodbc = MySQL ODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
myodbc3 = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN

[myodbc]
Driver = MySQL
Description = MySQL ODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
Server = localhost

Port =
User = root
Password =
Database = test
Option = 3
Socket =

[myodbc3]
Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so
Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcmyS.so

Description = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
Server = localhost
Port =
User = root
Password = password
Database = ldap_test
Option = 3
Socket =

[Default]

Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so
Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcmyS.so
Description = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
Server = localhost
Port =
User = root
Password = password

Database = ldap_test
Option = 3
Socket =Both libmyodbc.so and libodbcmyS.so do exist in the correct directory.
The database ldap_test is created and MySQL is running. I have not been
able to find a solution to this problem by using Altavista, Google etc.
--
; respectfully yours ;

Old 09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Scott Ferguson

[...]

Are you running that as (system) root?....

Cheers

--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*