Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Default WMP and Flash in Squeeze

The first FAQ on this page has viewers to test WMP and Flash.
http://www.learner.org/faq/faq_broadband.html

Can both of these work in Squeeze?
Which packages are necessary?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132. 7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old

Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:32:48 -0700, peasthope wrote:

> The first FAQ on this page has viewers to test WMP and Flash.
> http://www.learner.org/faq/faq_broadband.html
>
> Can both of these work in Squeeze?

Yep.

> Which packages are necessary?

For WMP, I guess any modern media player (Totem, Xine, Videolan, Kplayer,
Mplayer...) and for Flash: flash player :-), from Debian multimedia repo
or directly from Adobe.

You may require additional codecs to play some WMP files, though.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Scott Ferguson

The first FAQ on this page has viewers to test WMP and Flash.
http://www.learner.org/faq/faq_broadband.html

Can both of these work in Squeeze?

Yep.

Which packages are necessary?

For WMP, I guess any modern media player (Totem, Xine, Videolan, Kplayer,
Mplayer...) and for Flash: flash player :-), from Debian multimedia repo
or directly from Adobe.

You may require additional codecs to play some WMP files, though.

Greetings,

from multimedia.org you will need w32codecs

$wget -t 0
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/d/debian-multimedia-keyring/debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb

#dpkg -i debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb

then add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free

run

apt-get update

apt-get install w32codecs flashplugin-nonfree

all you need is to choose a media player and away you go!

Cheers

--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*