Old 09-20-2010, 04:12 AM
Timo Juhani Lindfors

Default ps - Illegal Instruction

Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> writes:
> And as to the suggestions from other users to try another VM - that's
> not open for discussion unless you can tell my why the one that comes
> with Windows 7 doesn't work.

It's fairly difficult to answer such a guestion, especially without
source code to Windows 7 :-)

Old 09-20-2010, 04:21 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 20/09/10 14:12, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> writes:
>> And as to the suggestions from other users to try another VM - that's
>> not open for discussion unless you can tell my why the one that comes
>> with Windows 7 doesn't work.
> It's fairly difficult to answer such a guestion, especially without
> source code to Windows 7 :-)

Timo, how big is your mail box? ;-p

--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*

Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Jerry Stuckle

On 9/19/2010 11:27 PM, Mark Allums wrote:

On 9/19/2010 10:11 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

As I said - unless you can tell me WHY it doesn't work, it's not open
for discussion. The fact you tried it with one distro and don't like
Microsoft are NOT valid reasons.

I did not say I don't like Microsoft.

I tried it with seven distros. Granted, not today's distros. Well, Lenny
and six others.

If you don't want to use a non-MS product, fine. I think you are doomed
to frustration.

If you want a Microsoft product, install Server 2008 R2 and enable the
Hyper-V role. Hyper-V will run Linux and UNIX(tm).

Sorry, Mark, the comment about not liking Microsoft was not necessarily
aimed at you, but others on the list.

Installing Server 2008 is not an option, either. I need to make this
work or have concrete reasons as to why it doesn't work. Guesses,
opinions, etc. won't make it.

Jerry

Archive: 4C974C20.8050308@attglobal.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C974C20.8050308@attglobal.net

Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Jerry Stuckle

And as to the suggestions from other users to try another VM - that's
not open for discussion unless you can tell my why the one that comes
with Windows 7 doesn't work.

It's fairly difficult to answer such a guestion, especially without
source code to Windows 7 :-)

Not at all. I've done similar things many times over the last 40+ years
of programming. You don't need the source code to determine what is not
working properly.

Archive: 4C974DF0.20307@attglobal.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C974DF0.20307@attglobal.net

Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Eric Viseur

Okay.* Allow me to make things clear.
Most of us DON'T F****** KNOW why it doesn't work.* But it came to us that it won't work no matter what we do.* I personnally tried to have Virtual PC work with Linux on 7 'cause I have Windows XP Mode running, but i couldn't get it to work.* Try ALOT of possible configuration.* Almost all of them, if not all.* But still couldn't get a stable Debian VM running.

So, yeah, we don't know how to get it to work with MVPC.* And don't know where exactly the problem lies.* Obvously Microsoft didn't include some things Linux needs.* It's a choice, everyone has an opinion about this, it's not the point of this mail.* So we offer you alternatives.* If it isn't enough for you, just chill out.* If you're not open for discussion about this, WE CAN'T HELP YOU.* Try elsewhere.

No offense intended on this mail.* I'm tired of reading people talking to a wall (you).

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4C974DF0.20307@attglobal.net

Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI