Old 09-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Eric Viseur

Default how to use wireless without network-manager or wicd

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse
This will give you a good starting point.* Past the wicd instructions you'll see how to configure a wireless card from /etc/network/interfaces.* It's basically the same as a wired card plus some extra parameters for the wireless protection.