Old 09-19-2010, 05:04 PM
hugo vanwoerkom

Default how to use wireless without network-manager or wicd

Hi,

I run a laptop with lenny and debian kernel 2.6.32 that runs wireless.

I connected to the laptop via USB a disk that contains a partition that
also has debian kernel 2.6.32 but sid and that doesn't have network
manager or wicd installed.

How would I get wireless going without them on that USB disk?

The laptop wireless module b43 gets loaded when I boot from the uSB disk.

/etc/network/interfaces has:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback