Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Mark Neidorff

Default Mini system...What image to use?

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a mini system with a VIA 1.5 GHz C7 processor (VIA CN700
northbridge VIA VT8237RP high bandwith vlink client southbridge). The debian
site doesn't mention this processor. What image would I use to install
debian on this system?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Nuno Magalh„es

Hi,

The debian site mentions i386, the net mentions the Via C7 is an x86.
Try netinst, or maybe DamnSmallLinux or another microdistro.

Bye

Old 09-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 18/09/10 21:31, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at buying a mini system with a VIA 1.5 GHz C7 processor (VIA CN700
> northbridge VIA VT8237RP high bandwith vlink client southbridge). The debian
> site doesn't mention this processor. What image would I use to install
> debian on this system?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

image? your choice - I suspect you mean architecture... it's i386.
Nice little board.

Cheers

Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Joel Roth

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 09:53:13PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 18/09/10 21:31, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at buying a mini system with a VIA 1.5 GHz C7 processor (VIA CN700
> > northbridge VIA VT8237RP high bandwith vlink client southbridge). The debian
> > site doesn't mention this processor. What image would I use to install
> > debian on this system?

> image? your choice - I suspect you mean architecture... it's i386.
> Nice little board.

If you decide to compile your own kernel, you can choose a more
specific processor option: CONFIG_MVIAC7

--
Joel Roth