Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 AM

Default Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

For about two years now, the Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
on the mainboard in an old IBM NetVista Type 6578-RAU has produced no sound for ALSA
in Lenny and currently in Squeeze. Settings in alsamixer appear OK. Skype, speaker-test
and VLC allow the device to be selected but none produce sound from it. There is no problem
with sound from a C-media USB audio adapter.

A number of bug reports mention the 82801BA/BAM but I've found no mention of this problem.
Any ideas?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132. 7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old

Old 09-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Doug