Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Bruce Ward

Default Can't locate ndiswrapper module!

I get this message:
FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.

Further investigation leads me to the web page for the Debian package
ndiswrapper-source (1.53-2). On that page is found:

'This package provides the source code for the ndiswrapper kernel
module. If you use a standard distribution kernel, you mostly will not
need this, but use the pre-compiled modules instead.'

This looks good (Note this is a "toy" laptop - 48MB RAM - running Lenny
with a PCMCIA wireless card with a Marvell chip) if I can avoid having
to download source and compile.

Problem: I cannot find "pre-compiled modules" anywhere on the Debian
site. Do they exist, or are they just a myth?

Bruce