FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Javier Vasquez
 
Default Proposed Fluxbox style for Debian

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Dale <quail.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have done some more work and now have 2 styles going so people can
> choose either the light or the dark. All can be found on the wiki[1]
> at the the usual place.
>
> Comments and/or suggestions more than welcome :-)
>
> Regards
> Dale
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Debian_LibStick
>
> ...

Nice... Are they going to replace "Debian-blue" and "Debian-dark"
which come with unstable, and I believe sqeeze as well? I think when
one doesn't specify a style, the one chosen by default on debian
unstable (perhaps sqeeze as well) is "Debian-dark", which is also nice
BTW...

--
Javier.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTim08RbvYwdodY=o3RytotiTTrTtE0a+GziH82x1@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTim08RbvYwdodY=o3RytotiTTrTtE0a+GziH82x1@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 09-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Dale
 
Default Proposed Fluxbox style for Debian

On 20 September 2010 06:50, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Dale <quail.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have done some more work and now have 2 styles going so people can
>> choose either the light or the dark. All can be found on the wiki[1]
>> at the the usual place.
>>
>> Comments and/or suggestions more than welcome :-)
>>
>> Regards
>> Dale
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Debian_LibStick
>>
>> ...
>
> Nice... *Are they going to replace "Debian-blue" and "Debian-dark"
> which come with unstable, and I believe sqeeze as well? *I think when
> one doesn't specify a style, the one chosen by default on debian
> unstable (perhaps sqeeze as well) is "Debian-dark", which is also nice
> BTW...
>
> --
> Javier.
>

Hi Javier & All,

Thanks, I hoping they both make it into the Debian Fluxbox and one of
them to become the default style for Fluxbox (fingers and toes
crossed, hehe) when a a style is not chosen. Most this work started
cause of the style 'debian_squeeze_dark', which I found rather
glitchy.

Anyways I hope people are enjoying the styles. as usual any comments
or suggests feel free to contact me :-)

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them" - Albert Einstein


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTin5qnvyD=QuzzzkkVUWC=nqnhhW_gCLqxdKomBC@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTin5qnvyD=QuzzzkkVUWC=nqnhhW_gCLqxdKomBC@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Phil Requirements
 
Default Proposed Fluxbox style for Debian

On 2010-09-18 22:31:06 +0930, Dale wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have done some more work and now have 2 styles going so people can
> choose either the light or the dark. All can be found on the wiki[1]
> at the the usual place.
>
> Comments and/or suggestions more than welcome :-)
>
> On 17 September 2010 14:01, Dale <quail.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have done some fixing and theses are the fixes I have done,
> >
> > * Fixed the fade on the menu
> > * Adjusted toolbar, window title bar, menu bar heights from 14 to 18
> > * Adjusted font sizes to suit.
> >
> > I have also added and overlay example to the wiki page[1] of some
> > overrides to the theme, and updated the screenshots.
> >
> > Comments and/or suggestions more than welcome
> >
> > On 16 September 2010 18:35, Dale <quail.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have been working on a new Fluxbox style[1] for Debian and hopefully
> > > come the default theme for a release like squeeze, or the next the
> > > next Debian release.
> > >
> > > Comments and/or suggestions more than welcome
> > >

Dale,

The scheme that is called Light does not seem very light to me. I see
that it has more contrast than the Dark theme, but it still uses a
dark background and dark window titles. Overall, it still looks like a
dark theme to me, albeit one with more contrast. Maybe the name is
misleading?

When I think about a typical light theme, I think of a light colored
background with dark text. For example, the editor that is showing in
one of the screenshots is using the GTK theme Clearlooks (I
think). That is a light theme because it uses white and light gray
backgrounds, black text, and color for accents.

It might be nice to have a true light theme for people who like those.
Apparently, a lot of people like them. Or it might suffice to change
the name of the existing second theme? I guess I would vote for more
difference between the two themes.

Some ideas to take or leave, no need to change anything on my account.

Phil


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100920020731.GA13262@kasploosh.net">http://lists.debian.org/20100920020731.GA13262@kasploosh.net
 
Old 09-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Dale
 
Default Proposed Fluxbox style for Debian

Hi Phil,

On 20 September 2010 11:37, Phil Requirements <simultaneous@comcast.net> wrote:

> The scheme that is called Light does not seem very light to me. *I see
> that it has more contrast than the Dark theme, but it still uses a
> dark background and dark window titles. Overall, it still looks like a
> dark theme to me, albeit one with more contrast. Maybe the name is
> misleading?

Yeah you are right there. I am not the best at naming thing things. It
was a friend the came up with the name of the theme for me. Maybe I
can call the the lighter font one 'Debian LibStick Dark Contrast' and
leave the other called 'Debian LibStick Dark'.

>
> When I think about a typical light theme, I think of a light colored
> background with dark text. *For example, the editor that is showing in
> one of the screenshots is using the GTK theme Clearlooks (I
> think). That is a light theme because it uses white and light gray
> backgrounds, black text, and color for accents.

The GTK theme I am using is 'Murrina-Leopard-Mod' with the
'gtk2-engines-murrine' as the murrine engine seems to be a lot faster
than Clearlooks.

>
> It might be nice to have a true light theme for people who like those.
> Apparently, a lot of people like them. Or it might suffice to change
> the name of the existing second theme? I guess I would vote for more
> difference between the two themes.

As I am not much of an artist I have yet to find a nice Debian light
background to use, maybe the default 'debian-blueish-wallpaper.svg'
will do. I have been thinking of doing a proper light version Fluxbox
style.

>
> Some ideas to take or leave, no need to change anything on my account.

Thanks for your input it very much appreciated :-)

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them" - Albert Einstein


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTinm9BEELtEARwMfJ+mX_==Q+=Vp6dcydKPnb�mail. gmail.com
 
Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Dale
 
Default Proposed Fluxbox style for Debian

Hi All,

I have added another Fluxbox style the the 'Debian LibStick'[1]
styles. As some people suggested a light style would be nice.

Comments and suggestions welcome

Regards
Dale

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Debian_LibStick
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them" - Albert Einstein


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTi=s-jQsoTrAEbqhByOQriNAomP0hViEToQicgmn@mail.gmail.com ">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTi=s-jQsoTrAEbqhByOQriNAomP0hViEToQicgmn@mail.gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org