-   -   get file from other repo--how? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/426755-get-file-other-repo-how.html)

Doug 09-14-2010 07:42 AM

get file from other repo--how?

Using Dolphin to see what's available, but don't find cfdisk, which has
been recommended by man fdisk. How do I find this from some repo and
install it? Or is it possible that the GUI disk utility found on the
system actually _is_ cfdisk? (I don't know what it looks like, if it
has a GUI or is just a CLI routine.) Please advise. thanx--doug

Archive: 4C8F2755.7040606@optonline.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C8F2755.7040606@optonline.net

Klistvud 09-14-2010 08:45 AM

get file from other repo--how?

Using Dolphin to see what's available, but don't find cfdisk, which
has been recommended by man fdisk. How do I find this from some repo
and install it? Or is it possible that the GUI disk utility found on
the system actually _is_ cfdisk? (I don't know what it looks like,
if it has a GUI or is just a CLI routine.) Please advise.
thanx--doug

You fire synaptic or aptitude or any package manager and search for
cfdisk; the package manager will find a way of telling you whether it's
already installed or not -- and how to install it if it's not.

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com

Please reply to the list, not to me.

Cousin Stanley 09-14-2010 01:10 PM

get file from other repo--how?

> Using Dolphin to see what's available, but don't find cfdisk,

From a terminal command-line you might try ....

whatis cfdisk

whereis cfdisk

--