Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Scott Ferguson

Default Debian VServer in Germany

On 18/09/10 21:59, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Andrei Popescu on 18/09/10 07:17, wrote:
>>>>
>>> Dead simple -- accompany every mail with a signture, such as:
>>>
>>> *In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*
>>
>> LOL
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrei
>
> I received a manual virus recently. It told me to delete all the files
> on my harddrive, and then forward it to all my contacts. Fortunately I
> realised, and didn't do it.

Damn.
I tried following the same instructions, but couldn't get the icedove to
start for the forwarding step....

First thing tomorrow I'm adding the suggested signature to all my
accounts. Thanks :-D

Old 09-18-2010, 02:58 PM
John Hasler

Adam Hardy writes:
> I received a manual virus recently. It told me to delete all the files
> on my harddrive, and then forward it to all my contacts. Fortunately I
> realised, and didn't do it.

Wouldn't have worked anyway as it contains an obvious bug.
--
John Hasler

Old 10-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Arnt Karlsen

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 09:58:19 -0500, John wrote in message
<877hijyu7o.fsf@thumper.dhh.gt.org>:

> Adam Hardy writes:
> > I received a manual virus recently. It told me to delete all the
> > files on my harddrive, and then forward it to all my contacts.
> > Fortunately I realised, and didn't do it.
>
> Wouldn't have worked anyway as it contains an obvious bug.

..after lengthy pondering[1] and in the common dialogue
box parlance: Are you sure? ;o)

1: Since _N_O_B_O_D_Y_ will believe me if I try tell the
thruth about when I found this thread, I try in the good
old proven "Halloweeny" Norwegian tradition, a _credible_
cover-up story: "..after lengthy pondering"... ;oD

Scenarios always come in sets of three: