-   -   testing install grub install loop (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/426287-testing-install-grub-install-loop.html)

Scott Ferguson 09-12-2010 03:01 AM

On 13/09/10 12:38, Paul Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install from a testing net-install CD a little over a
> year old. I have a hard drive problem and this is all I have to build
> a new system.
>
> I get a screen to choose the devices on which to install grub. No
> matter what combination I check the next screen tells me I have not
> chosen any devices on which to install grub. Is there a workaround
> from this point?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Scott

At the partitioning/formatting screens did you choose manual?? (you can
always try going back from the grub screen).
Did you specify a device to be made bootable??
If look at the install messages (Alt+F4) at the grub install page is
there anything unusual??
Did you choose GRUB2 or GRUB legacy??
Is this a standard hard drive partitioning scheme (no LVM, RAID or
encryption)??

Cheers