Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Arthur Barlow

Default xvidtune and nouveau video driver

Oops. *Wrong list originally

Ever since Debian went to the "nouveau" video driver for Nvidia, I have not been able to adjust my horizontal screen position with xvidtune. The application runs, but when I try to reset the "HSyncStart" value I get an error dialog box that says, "Sorry: You have requested a mode-line that is not possible, or not supported by your hardware configuration."

This didn't happen with the old "nv" driver. *Does anyone know a fix other than reinstalling "nv"?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:41:11 -0700, Arthur Barlow wrote:

> Ever since Debian went to the "nouveau" video driver for Nvidia, I have
> not been able to adjust my horizontal screen position with xvidtune. The
> application runs, but when I try to reset the "HSyncStart" value I get
> an error dialog box that says, "Sorry: You have requested a mode-line
> that is not possible, or not supported by your hardware configuration."

You were told some good tips about this same issue in your e-mail of June
17th. Did you try any of them? :-?

> This didn't happen with the old "nv" driver. Does anyone know a fix
> other than reinstalling "nv"?

Dunno what are the "xvidtune" capabilities, but "xorg.conf" is still
usable and you can define there whatever settings you need to position
your monitor.

You can use "cvt" tool to calculate the modelines for your display.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón