Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Adam Hardy

Default xine/xfmedia unable to play dvds

Camaleón on 11/09/10 11:18, wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:47:05 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:

Camaleón on 11/09/10 10:17, wrote:

Have you tested it with another DVD media and (just in case) using
another multimedia player?

Yes. I have a DVD that is unprotected and that plays fine.

Well, I was thinking in another DVD media with protection, of course.
Plain DVD should play just fine :-)

I just put a DVD from the same box set in and got the same problem.

It's the BBC Life of Mammals series. You'd have thought a good right-on
organisation like the BBC wouldn't bother encrypting their stuff.

Adam

Archive: 4C8BE467.7020702@cyberspaceroad.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C8BE467.7020702@cyberspaceroad.com

Old 09-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:51 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Camaleón on 11/09/10 11:18, wrote:

>>> Yes. I have a DVD that is unprotected and that plays fine.
>>
>> Well, I was thinking in another DVD media with protection, of course.
>> Plain DVD should play just fine :-)
>
> I just put a DVD from the same box set in and got the same problem.
>
> It's the BBC Life of Mammals series. You'd have thought a good right-on
> organisation like the BBC wouldn't bother encrypting their stuff.

Try with another protected DVD, coming from a different source/pack. I am
trying to find if the problem may be in a specific protection method used
by those media.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón