Old 09-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Miles Fidelman

Default finding the right .iso for USB install of Squeeze

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to install squeeze (testing) onto a sandbox machine,
using a USB key, and I keep running into (what I think) is a mismatch
between the boot kernel and the .iso kernel.

As far as I can tell, the latest version of the USB installer is dated
7/23, and the indicated web site does not have a similarly dated CD-ROM
.iso. Elsewhere, the recommendation is to use the alpha1 RC image - but
putting that on the USB key yields a "can't find kernel modules" error
during install.

I've also tried the netinst mini-iso image, found in the same place as
the USB installer - but that gives the same error message.

Any suggestions as to where I might find a consistent set of pieces to
achieve USB install (or is there a better list to query)?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In<fnord> practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra

Archive: 4C8B95C7.1040504@meetinghouse.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C8B95C7.1040504@meetinghouse.net

Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Morgan Gangwere