Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Doug

Default new squeeze-again, solved

On 9/10/2010 3:01 PM, Rob Owens wrote:

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 02:32:40PM -0400, Doug wrote:

On 9/10/2010 8:22 AM, Rob Owens wrote:

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:32:20AM +0100, Joao Ferreira gmail wrote:

On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 01:59 -0400, Doug wrote:

Trying to install. I come to the partitioner. It says there is 261 GB
available. (This is empty, unpartitioned and unformatted space, left
over after cloning drive from a smaller one.) On-screen instructions say

[!!] Partition disks

The maximum size for this partition is 261.6 GB

Hint: "max" can be used as a shortcut to specify the maximum size, or
enter a percentage (e.g. "20%") to use that percentage of the
maximum size.

I try to enter 30 GB<Continue> and get "invalid size<go back>"
so I go back, then I try to enter 15% and get the same answer.

What now? (Max is not an option.)

/snip/

For the next person who comes up against this:

Here's the trick: Where it offers 261 GB at the lefthand side
of the blue runner, you have to _erase_ the 261 GB, and then, _in its
place_ enter the size or the percentage. Then everything works. Minor
quirk in the screen instructions, as it looks to the casual observer as
if you are invited to enter your own value after the number displayed.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M. Greeley