Old 09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
hugo vanwoerkom

Default icedove lenny URL click gets 'www.%u.com' in IW

hugo vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

I have a feeling that is one of those forever questions ;-)

Anyway, in Icedove 2.0.0.24-0lenny1 when I click on an URL it always
opens IW in an error tab pointing to 'www.%u.com' which isn't found.

update-alternatives -- display x-www-browser gets:

<snip>

Oops. Found the answer:

It's gnome. I don't like gnome but that is what you get when you do a
lenny net iso install.

Hugo

Archive: i6dj91$9s1$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/i6dj91$9s1$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:35:51 -0500, hugo vanwoerkom wrote:

> hugo vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a feeling that is one of those forever questions ;-)
>>
>> Anyway, in Icedove 2.0.0.24-0lenny1 when I click on an URL it always
>> opens IW in an error tab pointing to 'www.%u.com' which isn't found.
>>
>> update-alternatives -- display x-www-browser gets:
>
> <snip>
>
> Oops. Found the answer:
>
> It's gnome. I don't like gnome but that is what you get when you do a
> lenny net iso install.

Well, you can avoid selecting the "desktop" pattern at install time and
once the installation completes, get the desired DE :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón