Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
hugo vanwoerkom

Default icedove lenny URL click gets 'www.%u.com' in IW

Hi,

I have a feeling that is one of those forever questions ;-)

Anyway, in Icedove 2.0.0.24-0lenny1 when I click on an URL it always
opens IW in an error tab pointing to 'www.%u.com' which isn't found.

update-alternatives -- display x-www-browser gets:

x-www-browser - status is auto.
link currently points to /usr/bin/google-chrome
/usr/bin/epiphany-gecko - priority 85
slave x-www-browser.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/epiphany-browser.1.gz
/usr/bin/iceweasel - priority 70
slave x-www-browser.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/iceweasel.1.gz
/usr/bin/google-chrome - priority 200
/usr/bin/opera - priority 90
slave x-www-browser.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/opera.1.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/bin/google-chrome

and the network.protocol-handler.app in the icedove config is set to
'string' and 'x-www-browser'.

Even if I set this to 'google-chrome' the link still ends up in error on IW.

Any thoughts on how to straighten this out?

Hugo