Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Onur Aslan

Default How can I disable signature check for a Debian CD?

Hi.

I am using Debian CD images as a local repository. I am mounting a CD and
using it with this source list:

deb file:///mnt lenny main

Everything working fine but the problem is when I try to install a package
from this repository, apt is always warn me about untrusted repository.

Is it possible disable signature check for my CD location?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Kumar Appaiah

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 02:22:19PM +0300, Onur Aslan wrote:
> I am using Debian CD images as a local repository. I am mounting a CD and
> using it with this source list:
>
> deb file:///mnt lenny main
>
> Everything working fine but the problem is when I try to install a package
> from this repository, apt is always warn me about untrusted repository.
>
> Is it possible disable signature check for my CD location?

Is there a particular reason why you don't want to use apt-cdrom to
use the CD repositories? It is much easier than mounting the CD to use
it.

In any case, to fix the error you get, you have to identify the GPG
key corresponding to the CD, and obtain it (preferably in a trusted
manner), and do

sudo apt-ket add - < key

Again, if apt-cdrom works, I would personally prefer that.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
#if _FP_W_TYPE_SIZE < 32
#error "Here's a nickel kid. Go buy yourself a real computer."