Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 PM

Default No virtual terminals

Running squeeze. I have NVidia video. Problem is, I have no virtual
8terminals. ctrl-alt-f1 to 6 gets me a blank screen, although c-a-f8 (yes,
f8) does bring back X. I've looked for solutions but nothing I've found
works. E.g., I created /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-kernel-nkc.conf with one line -
options nvidia NVreg_UseVBios=0. Still, I got nada.

Any hints, pointers, etc. greatly appreciated.

--
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My
opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them.