-   -   Reg. Icedove Configuration (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/424967-reg-icedove-configuration.html)

Kousik Maiti 09-09-2010 05:23 PM

Reg. Icedove Configuration

Hi list,I want to configure icedove email client for one man(Metropolitan Area Network). I configured every thing but its unable to connect to server showing "connection time out".*Evolution also gives same error .Outlook express is working fine. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advanced.
--
Wishing you the very best of everything, always!!!
Kousik Maiti(কৌশিক মাইতি)

Camalen 09-09-2010 05:41 PM

Reg. Icedove Configuration

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:53:37 +0530, Kousik Maiti wrote:

> I want to configure icedove email client for one man(
> <goog_1552104938>*Metropolitan
> Area Network). I configured every thing but its unable to connect to
> server showing "connection time out". Evolution also gives same error
> .Outlook express is working fine. Can anybody help?*

Can you provide additional data?

For example, can he browse the web just fine or is he getting also a
"time out"?

Does the e-mail provider (or the ISP he is connecting through) require a
specific configuration, like proxy settings or VPN setup?

Greetings,

--
Camalen

Kousik Maiti 09-09-2010 05:58 PM

Reg. Icedove Configuration

Sites are open properly and mail account is also opening via web without any problem .

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.09.09.17.41.28@gmail.com

Camalen 09-09-2010 06:06 PM

Reg. Icedove Configuration

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:28:50 +0530, Kousik Maiti wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Camalen wrote:
>
>> Can you provide additional data?
>>
>> For example, can he browse the web just fine or is he getting also a
>> "time out"?
>>
>> Does the e-mail provider (or the ISP he is connecting through) require
>> a specific configuration, like proxy settings or VPN setup?

> Sites are open properly and mail account is also opening via web without
> any problem .

Okay, so no problem with connection settings.

Does it fail while sending e-mails, receiving or both?

Can he connect via telnet session?

telnet pop3.mymailserver.com 110
user username
pass password