Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Siju George

Default making the web server also a dns server

Hi,

I have registered a domain "livingwaters-international.org".
*The website is currently running in google pages.

I would like to know how I can change the website as well as the DNS
server to a dedicated server I have.

If I configure Bind9 as the DNS server I can configure the nameserver as

ns1.livingwaters-international.org

So when I configure the name server for
"livingwaters-international.org" should I configure the IP address
instead of "ns1.livingwaters-international.org" ?

I mean if the NS record is configured on the nameserver itself how
will the IP of the NS record be resolved before contacting the name
server?

thanks :-)

--Siju