Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Ben George

Default Help with Sun Ultra45

HI

My name is Ben.T.George.I am working as Linux system administrator in Kuwait.

i got a Sun Ultra45 mechine(Sparc)..my client want to install LInux & Oracle..

if there any Debian available for that hardware.?

if yes please give me the details about that..it's very urgent

Thanks
Ben.T.George

Old 09-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Sven Hoexter

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 09:37:44AM +0300, Ben George wrote:

Hi,

> i got a Sun Ultra45 mechine(Sparc)..my client want to install LInux &
> Oracle..
>
> if there any Debian available for that hardware.?

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/

HTH
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Sven Hoexter

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 09:37:44AM +0300, Ben George wrote:

> i got a Sun Ultra45 mechine(Sparc)..my client want to install LInux &
> Oracle..

Hm looking through the Oracle website I don't think Oracle provides their
database for Linux on Sparc the architecture. Looks like they support Linux
only on x86 so this combination won't work as desired.

Sven

Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Alberto Luaces

You'll find all that information at the Debian webpage (www.debian.org):

http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

--
Alberto

Old 09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
John Hasler

Sven writes:
> Hm looking through the Oracle website I don't think Oracle provides
> their database for Linux on Sparc the architecture. Looks like they
> support Linux only on x86 so this combination won't work as desired.

Postgresql, however, is available.
--
John Hasler