HomeDistributionsSecurityCryptographyGamesFAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Merciadri Luca

Default Android phone is not recognized by Android SDK, despite udev conf

Hi,

I've got an HTC Desire that I generally connect to this computer, and
sharing pictures, videos, etc., works great. Some weeks ago, I tried
using the Android SDK for x86. After having installed it, Say that my
Android SDK is located at ~/android-sdk/. Then, I directly noticed that
~/android-sdk/tools/ddms wrote `????? unknown device' for the connected
(and listed device). In the console, I receive

==
14:25 W/ddms: Unable to get frame buffer: device (????????????) request
rejected: insufficient permissions for device
==

I then checked

==
$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
???????????? no permissions
==

There appears to be a permission problem. I then wrote a
`51-android.rules' file (with chmod a+r) in /etc/udev/rules.d/, such that

==
# cat 51-android.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c87",
MODE="0666"
==

(the idVendor is the HTC one). I then restarted udev, but to no avail:
same problems. Any idea?

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Merciadri Luca

I should have also mentioned that

==
# lsusb | grep High
Bus 008 Device 005: ID 0bb4:0c87 High Tech Computer Corp.
==

which is a direct mapping to my udev's rules file.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Merciadri Luca

Problem solved: restarting udev from CLI was not sufficient. I needed to
restart.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:18:17 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

(...)

> SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c87",
^^^^^^^^^
> MODE="0666"

Mmm, to proper match udev rules, I think the above should read
"SUBSYSTEMS" (yours lacks final "S"), in plural form :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón