Old 11-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Amit Uttamchandani

Default wiki to pdf converter

Hey guys,

I take notes in class and use the wiki markup system. Thus, a section of the notes would look like the following:

****

== Timers ===

* Timer0
- 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit prescaler
* Timer1
- 16-bit timer/counter with prescaler can be incremented during SLEEP via external crystal/clock.
* Timer2
- 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit period register, prescaler, and postscaler.

****

So I would like to be able to run this through a script/application that will automatically parse this and bold the headings and put bullets in the items.

Does such a tool exist?

Thanks,
Amit

Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 11-24-2007, 03:29 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 02:48:50AM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I take notes in class and use the wiki markup system. Thus, a section
> of the notes would look like the following:
>
> ****
>
> == Timers ===
>
> * Timer0 - 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit prescaler * Timer1 - 16-bit
> timer/counter with prescaler can be incremented during SLEEP via
> external crystal/clock. * Timer2 - 8-bit timer/counter with 8-bit
> period register, prescaler, and postscaler.
>
> ****
>
> So I would like to be able to run this through a script/application
> that will automatically parse this and bold the headings and put
> bullets in the items.
>
> Does such a tool exist?

Why do you use wiki markup if you're not writing to a wiki?

That's what LaTex is for.

You have a plain-text file with wiki markup. You want stuff bolded.
Plain text doesn't have 'bold'. You'll need to turn it into a format
that can then create a pdf or ps file. If you know how to write raw ps,
great. Otherwise, I'd suggest you write a script to turn your wiki
stuff into LaTex then run latex to make the dvi, then turn that into
whatever you want.

Doug.